Year 7 Drama - Students performing in the new EMS Studio Theatre
Year 7s performing in the new EMS Studio Theatre!
1. Getting to Know You.
Introduction to the four C's of Theatre: Communication, Collaboration, Concentration and Confidence
Create a Name Star, Theatre Exercises, Create a Celebrity Profile Star, Name the Tribe, Copy Book Competition
2. Interview techniques,
* Family Story Object Presentation - Students are required to bring in an object from home that helps tell the story of their family.
Presentations are not to last more than 5 minutes. *** DUE Tuesday March 28th and Wednesday March 29th!***
3. Introduction to Video Production
4. Video Production Planning and Rehearsing
5. Video Production Rehearsing and Shooting
6. Video Editing and Final presentation
7. Movement, Voice and Stage directions
8. Play Script Analysis and Characterization
9. Acting, rehearsing, performing
10. Acting, rehearsing, performing
11. Final Dress Rehearsal and Performance - * Final scene presentation due last class of the term. Students are asked to create their own costumes that represent their characters.
** Final Performances - June 5th - 7th - These performances are equivalent to a Final Exam!! ***
Class Expectations: Each student is expected to participate fully in all classroom activities to the best of their ability.