Drama Year 8
1. Getting to Know You.
Introduction to the four C's of Theatre: Communication, Collaboration, Concentration and Confidence
Create a Name Star, Theatre Exercises, Create a Celebrity Profile Star, Name the Tribe, Copy Book Competition
2. Yourself in Ten Years
* Act like yourself in ten years Presentation - Students are required to act, dress and bring props to portray themselves 10 years in the
future. Presentations are not to last more than 5 minutes.
3. Origins of Theatre - From the Threshing floor to Ritual to the Festival of Dionysus
4. Introduction to Greek Gods and Mythology
5. Planning, Rehearsing Greek Theatre Project - mask making/theatre model
6. Final performances
7. Intro to Movie Making- cross curricular with ICT classes
8. Acting, rehearsing, performing
9. Video Planning, Shooting and Editing - Final Video project due
10. Final Movies presented
Class Expectations: Each student is expected to participate fully in all classroom activities to the best of their ability..