Schedule for Term 1, SY 2016-2017
Cambridge IGCSE Mathematics Core and extended by K. Morrison & N.Hamshaw.
Past Exam papers IGCSE papers 1 to 4 use the www.xtremepapers.com and www.igcsecentre.com.
Topics for the week:
Chapter 18; Curved graphs, p. 377-397 (2 weeks), 6-17 November, 2016
All exercises on Chapter 18, p. 377-397, including examination practice
1. Plotting quadratic graphs (the parabola)
2. Plotting the reciprocal graph (the hyperbola)
3. Using graphs to solve quadratic equations
4. Using graphs to solve simultaneous linear and non-linear equations
5. Other non-linear graphs
6. Finding the gradient of the curve
1) Be on time in each math class
2) Be attentive and engaged in discussion
3) Be sure to complete all assigned tasks of the day
4) Be respectful and listen to instructions, do not argue
5) Be an independent learner
6) Be prepared for any quizzes and tests
7) Be aware and follow school's policies, e.g. wearing of complete uniform, no mobile phones in class,
be punctual, etc..